Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes. The role
We are looking for a Software QA Engineer to create and perform functional tests on our products. The successful candidate will integrate our engineering team and work with the engineering leadership, with product management and with quality engineers to enhance the testing efforts for the software suite. Primary Job Responsibilities
- Create and execute test scenarios based on requirements, user stories and feedback from other team members
- Create and perform regression tests
- Open, manage and coordinate defects/bugs
- Report to engineering leadership on test progress and execution.
- University degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field
- Reliable, thinking out-of-box, self-motivated, and focused on high quality delivery of work products
- Experience in manual testing and/or test automation of UI and/or API
- Knowledge of test management tools like TestRail and defect management tools like Atlassian JIRA
- Understanding of agile or other iterative software development methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a team environment (Portuguese and English)
- Background in QA processes and procedures
- Prior experience in development and/or test automation experience on tools such as Selenium, JMeter, Postman or Python is an advantage.
- Experience with BI industry and data transformation is an advantage
- Experience managing and configuring Windows and Linux environments
- Understanding of relational databases, installation, configuration, and optimization (Postgres, MySQL, Oracle etc.) is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Great careers start with innovation and here at Hitachi Vantara, our promise is to deliver insights that power smarter businesses and inspire social innovation solutions for a healthier, safer future. The key to our innovation is our people -- our culture values respect, diversity, and collaboration. Join our Hitachi family and together, lets lead the way to extra-ordinary.